1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

yamaha

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BoognishMang, Dec 2, 2001.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Ugly, looks very unbalanced, probably very neck-heavy,.....

you asked for it...

2. Player

Player

Dec 27, 1999
    USA Cincinnati, OH
    Scale 25-1/2"
    Is this a misprint? My son had a 27" scale bass and I had to tune it up a whole step to keep a 105 from floppin out of the nut.

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i love the look of that bass. i know tht is not a great quality bass and not the best design to be played, but if i played in a punk bund i'd buy one for sure!

4. must be a misprint...i saw onw of the dudes from the red elvises play one, and didn't seem to be a short scale at all.

5. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    i really like the way it looks. but we all thats not all that matters. I would be concerned with balance. I would guess that, like many other yamahas I have played, the playability and sound of it would be on par with something a little more expensive. I would also guess that this thing would neck dive, depending on where the back strap button is located. I think it would look better without a pickguard, but I like the sparkle paint job. It's different, but I defenitly wouldnt ever buy one without playing it first, while looking in a mirror.

6. In the photo it looks like the bottom strap pin is mounted off center, which is an attempt to compensate for a heavy neck. In my experience, it doesn't work very well.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I think Yamaha's discontinued this one and the stores are blowing out remaining stock.