Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tristan, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    If you buy a low to mid priced Yamaha and swap the electeonics ( pass to act. act to pass, no matter) for the better and plug into a high quality amp, do you think there is any way you could not induce an erection?

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Details? [​IMG] What'd ya' do?

3. Are you trying to tell us that you don't like the electronics in your Yamaha BBG4S and Yamaha BBN4 Fretless?

Has anybody else found Yamaha electronics to be weak?

4. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have a BBG5A and it sounds great. No complaints at all with Yamaha electronics. I also use their Nathan East NE-1 EQ, sounds awesome.

5. I have the same bass as showdown.

It sounds great, but I'd like to get stacked humbuckers in place of the single coils.

Showdown, have you noticed a sweeping problem between your pick ups? Mike J. describes it pretty well here and mine has a similar problem. Just curious,you're the only person I know who has a BBG5A. Other than that I love my Yamaha.

6. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I haven't had that problem, although I usually use mine with both pickups full up. Maybe it was only some that were made with the wrong pots.