Yamahas.. A few ?'s

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassDmb18, Sep 5, 2004.

1. BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    What are the differences between the TRB-1005 and the RBX-775 or 375 ?

How Is the TRB-1005 and TRB-5II different? I love the look of the 5II.

And now a days (the RBX's are on blowout sales, the BB's have always been cheap, and the TRB's I've never played to compare it to how the value is), which is the best YAMAHA bang for the buck??

2. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Not sure about new Yamaha buck bang, but second hand, the TRB's always seem damn good value to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the TRBII's are made in Japan, have ash bodies, and the 1005's and other models in that series or range are made in Korea with Alder bodies and tighter bridge spacing.
  3. level_1

Apr 18, 2004
    Central CA
    I haven't played the others but I now play a TRB5II. I love it. It is made in Japan. It is my first 5er so I don't have any experience with other Yamahas or anything else for that matter. I kept my four string just in case... but I haven't played it since I got over the 4 to 5 string learning curve. TRB5II = great, IMHO.
  4. Broseph

Jun 19, 2006
    I recently got a TRB-1005 to replace an old Washburn that burned up in a fire on Christmas Eve (i know). It sounds great and i'm quickly getting used to right hand muting with the extra string but i have one issue with this bass. My washburn was an XB from 96. It had active electronics and took a 9V battery but the battery lasted forever. Think i changed it once just because i thought it had been long enough to do it. The new bass is active, takes a 9V battery as well but it eats the batteries up like candy. The record so far was 3 days. Don't think this is right but i could definately be wrong. I had read somewhere that Mike Pope's preamp was activated by plugging a guitar cord into it and was wondering if this was the same with mine. I leave it on the guitar stand plugged into my GK Microbass amp all the time when i'm not gigging with it. Just wondering if someone knows for sure.
  5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    ALL ACTIVE BASSES REMAIN ON IF YOU DONT PLUG OUT THE JACK CABLE. With this said i must tell you that i have the 1006 and its battery has been there since x-mas and it is still alive playing an average of hour and a half daily.

One diff not metioned between the 100x and the II series is the frets, 100x have bigger and rounder frets
  6. Broseph

Jun 19, 2006
    Sorry if i forgot to mention this earlier, but i'm retarded. I'm also lazy, which is why i leave it plugged in all the time. Thanks for the quick reply. I kind of figured that was it but i just wanted to make sure. I just never remembered unplugging my old bass but in my old apartment, there wasn't room for a stand for it to sit on all the time. Awesome. :hyper:

I will now begin the slow process of living this down. Kthks.