Yamaha's UD Stomp with bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Le Basseur, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Just wondering...is there anyone who tried the UD Stomp (the Allan Holdsworth's multi-delay stomp box) with a bass,either 4-to-6 stringer,fretted or fretless?How does it sound comparing with a dedicated bass delay unit?
    I'll might get a UD unit relatively cheap (aprox.250 USD in local currency) but I cannot try it 'till next Friday (the owner is out of town) so I'd like to know about your experiences before playing it..not to bias myself,just curious.
    Any thoughts?
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

There isn't such thing as a bass delay. Delays are time, not pitch based and therefore will work with any instrument.
  3. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Uh, buy it?

If you don't like, sell it to me... :D
  4. parttimeluthier

May 7, 2005
    Yamaha has come out with a new "Magicstomp" especially for basses. You might want to give it a look.
  5. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Oops..my question sounded sillier than it might... :bag: :meh:
    I'm aware about this,what I meant is "...how the UD compares to the average X-brand of any delay unit often played by bassists",since most of these delays (or the delay in a given processor) isn't as complex and elaborate as the UD.However,I'll take your reply,as well as NioeZero's,as a "thumbs up". ;)
    I tried already the bass version of the MagicStomp and it's fair enough,but I don't need a multi-FX unit right now.Besides,being a new product,the MagicStomp is selling for it's full price (and we're not talking US prices here),meaning that the difference between the second-hand UD unit and a new MagicStomp is only 30 USD.
    Thanks everybody for your inputs!