1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamha BB1025x replacement bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by KevinBuzu, Oct 6, 2013.

1. KevinBuzu

KevinBuzu

Aug 28, 2011
    Malta
    I want to replace the bridge and machine heads on my Yamaha BB1025x (2011) any suggestions?10x

Attached Files:

2. KevinBuzu

KevinBuzu

Aug 28, 2011
    Malta
    for whom it may interest I managed to find a bridge that fits like a glove .Its the Hipshot vintage bridge and the bass sound far better with it then before.

3. DuShauh

DuShauh

Aug 29, 2011
    West Michigan
    Could you explain the difference that the bridge change made? I have a BB1025X that I can't imagine feeling the need to modify at all. I am really impressed with these basses. Was there an issue with your stock bridge?

4. KevinBuzu

KevinBuzu

Aug 28, 2011
    Malta
    Actually they are really good instuments I really they but because of the very humid climate in my country the bridge started to corrode and decided to change it . I really like how it sounds now it has better attack maybe because the bridge is a top loader and this is only a matter of personal taste.