1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yammie BB414

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Ancient Mariner, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Chandler, AZ
    I'll be getting my BB414 tomorrow, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the allen wrench size required for the truss rod adjustment. I know I can do the trial and error thing, but I thought I'd be ahead of the game if I knew it beforehand.

TIA...

2. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Are you buying it new? Because the allen wrenches for both the truss rod and the bridge saddles are included with the bass.

I'll try to remember to check the sizes tonight (just picked up a BB415 not too long ago) and I'll let you know tomorrow.

Enjoy the Yammy - they're great basses! :cool:

3. Ancient Mariner

Dec 7, 2005
    Chandler, AZ
    Thanks, Mr. Buskman! I know they're great basses .. I bought a 415 a while ago and foolishly sold it later..even though it was my main gigging bass for a while! :rollno: The 415, although bought new, did not come with the wrenches. We'll see if this boy does..

4. lexxmexx

lexxmexx

Apr 7, 2008
    Welcome to the BB club, my 415 came with the wrench but it was a tad too small and cannot be used effectively. I nearly ruined the truss rod on my first attempt at setting up.

5. Ancient Mariner

Dec 7, 2005
    Chandler, AZ
    Well, the truss rod wrench they included with my bass isn't a tad too small...it's almost unbelievably too small! Don't know what the guy who packed it was smokin'..although the other wrenches fit just fine.? :confused:

Guess I'll have to take it to a luthier to get the neck adjusted, as all of my other allen wrenches are too long to fit in the neck adjustment pocket. :meh:

6. Patrick Nelson

Patrick Nelson

Apr 10, 2006
    Milwaukee
    You could try modify the allen wrench by cutting it shorter.

7. Ancient Mariner

Dec 7, 2005
    Chandler, AZ
    Yeah, I guess I could take it to a machine shop and have them do the cutting. The problem is, I don't know what "it" is...meaning, I still don't know the correct wrench size and don't want to take several wrenches for cutting in the hopes that one of them will fit properly.