yanaha ne-1 place in chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by watspan, Dec 17, 2002.

1. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Ok, i got an ne-1 after reading all the threads below and now i'm curious as to suggestions as to where to put it in the effects chain. I have an odb-3 distortion and a bassballs going into a hartke 5000 head (which has an effects loop but the owners manual says not to use stomp-box effects here) also, the hartke has both graphic eq and bass/treble contours--any suggestions here? obviously i will tweak and play and have both active and passive basses to try--i don't slap and am not trying to achieve any one sound but can vary between a clean twangy entwistle to a muddy growly alan woody
  2. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I've had my NE-1 about 8 months so I've had ample time to fiddle with it. In my experience it should always go right after your bass. That is, your bass should be plugged directly into the NE-1. It sounds OK in some effects loops but effects loops vary from amp to amp so, I just plug directly into the NE-1 99% of the time.
  3. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    ...same here...
  4. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I owned one for awhile too and I agree. Let it be the first thing you plug into.