Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yancey basses!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by air4me2, May 4, 2002.

1. Ya, I came across this site awhile ago. I can't believe how nice these are considering how he was self-taught and did not have a lot of experiencing in woodworking. I guess anybody can do something they put their mind to.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Reminds me of a Pedulla Buzz/MVP...which is not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

3. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    He is a great guy! I chat with him from time to time, and he frequents Carl Thompson's message board www.ctbasses.com , and www.mimf.com

He does some very good work.

Darrin

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow....those look pretty sweet....i wonder if he has any more of those lane poor p'ups lying around the shop? ;)

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Very nice. Me likes.:)

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hes a cool guy= beautiful basses

7. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    They look nice. Like more stretched version of a Pedulla MVP/Buzz (as stated before), but not as wild as an FBB.

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    wow i'm digging those basses... does anyone around here own one?

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The GAS....The GAS...

[​IMG]

10. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Wow, I'm being talked about! How cool! Thanks for the comments guys. And do I ever wish I had some Lane Poors just laying around - I wouldn't be surprised if I got one of the last ones. I had it just long enough to be hooked and then discover they were no more. (sigh) Thanks again guys. I just started reading talkbass a couple of weeks ago btw.

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Welcome to TB, Greg. Nice work.

12. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    great work!!!

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    whoa, you are Luthier's Forum material!

:)

do you have a price list? (you might get a lot of work here)

14. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    where would i find prices on those fine instruments... i would love a 5 er fretless with a single pickup with coiltaps in full passive... ouch the gas is killin me

15. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'm interested in prices too, but I recently saw a post on the CT website indicating that a price list and options might not currently be available. On a related but different topic, I haven't been able to access Yancey's web site recently, and the e-mail message I sent was kicked back. Does anyone know what the deal is here?

16. bassmanmax

bassmanmax

Mar 13, 2003
    Yeah, I'm gonna start a new thread just for his stuff... maybe he'll stop by and notice. I've played his stuff personally, and man... its incredible. The playability and sound is phenomenal as well. I met Greg probably 8 months ago, and I'm proud to say that his 12th bass will belong to me. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you through his website www.gregyancey.com

His band Opposite Day is incredible as well.

peace.

17. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Very impressive.

Good luck breaking into the market. Or from the response here, congratulations breaking into the market!