1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yankees pitcher killed in plane crash.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kibuddy, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
  2. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    It sucks. I can see the smoke from my office window.

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I heard about the crash before i left work today. Didn't hear that it was Lidle. That's a shame.

My friend goes to school in Manhattan, she said she can see it perfect from her friend's room.

4. This happened like 15 blocks away from my school. Streams of fire trucks, police and FBI cars flying up 3rd Avenue to the scene (I was on like 56th street and 3rd, the accident was on 72nd and York...).

I knew it wasn't anything terrosist related because itwas uptown... nothing "important" and tall is that far uptown. I figured it was some guy who was too drunk to pilot his Cesna 182 to one of the private airstrips up in the Bronx/Westchester...

Sad to hear it was Lidle though, a shame.

5. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    What school do you go to?

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Sad.

7. Art & Design HS, 57th st and 2nd AVE.

8. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Im in Portland for school right now and Im flying back Friday night. I heard about the crash, but no specifics until a little earlier today. I was sooo worried, but Im a bit relieved to find out it was just a freak accident.

9. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    gotcha.

my friend goes to Marymount Manhattan

10. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    That's absolutely terrible. What a tradgedy it must be for his family.
    -Alex

p.s. I'm a Red Sox fan :eek:

11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    For some good news in such a sad story - News reports in Australia are saying the US Air force sent a whole bunch of fighter planes up there just in case it was a terrorist attack. Thankfully it wasn't, but by all reports the response to this sort of thing post 9/11 seems to have improved drastically.

12. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Very Sad :crying:

13. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK

Thats good to hear

14. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Sono est omnia Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Luthier and Instrument Tech at Kala Brand Music Co.
    My roommate gives lessons to a kid that lives in the building right across the street! They normally do the lesson at his apartment but they moved it to a different location at the last minute. During the lesson, they heard what had happened. Sad news.

Yesterday was some day. In other news, a young female bassist for the band "The Ranchhands" died suddenly last night. One of my best friends played bass for them for a long time and when he left, they hired this woman to take his place. Apparently she suffered from a medical condition and around 8pm last night she suddenly stopped breathing. She passed away on the way to the hospital. My friend was on his way to my gig when the band's manager called him to tell him the bad news and to see if he was interested in picking up the rest of the band's tour dates. He asked me whether or not he should take the gigs and we were both a little uneasy about it.
    Do you take the gigs out of respect for the band or do you decline out of respect for her? :eek: :(

15. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    if it were you who passed away, would you want some one to fill in, or would you want the band to fall apart?

16. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

What about the other guy? Everyone is so broken up about the famous baseball player. How about some respect for the family of the flight instructor.

17. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Why do you say that? I don't get that feeling from reading these posts. I have equal respect for both.

I could care less about the fact it was a baseball player. It was a human being killed in an accident and for that fact alone, it's tragic.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What a bummer. According to our local news, F-16's were flying around Seattle moments after this happened.

-Mike

19. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

It's not necessarily us here, but the news shows this morning kinda rubbed me the wrong way. It's like he was the only one who died.

20. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I agree with you about the news. I thought you were talking about this thread.

That's what usually happens with someone well known or very famous. It's like they are elevated to a higher status of human being and the unknown guy is forgotten. It's messed up.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021