YAY! A new song I made today.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dee Wurthy, Mar 26, 2004.

1. I wrote and recorded a song today.

Please give some feedback....
    Thank You!

Guitar 1 - Me
    Guitar 2 - Me
    Bass- Me
    Drums- Me
    Piano- Me
    Strings- Me
    Vocals 1- Me
    Vocals 2- Me
    Songwriter- Me
    Recording Engineer- Me

Hehe, sorry, just trying to be funny (it's sad not having a band to play with right now!)
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Lots of nice ideas, cool feel, but I think it's a little cluttered. Could be mixed better. But yeah, it's neat, just there's so much going on, it's like...phew.

also, some of the vocal lines really clash. :meh:
  3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I say that's pretty good work for a one day, one man show… It reminds me of early Pink Floyd at times (I'm think meddle era) but with a more modern appeal at times.
  4. Whoa I never really noticed the pink floyd overtones. I thought my main influence was Opeth on this one....but yeah, the piano parts in the beginning just make it very flyod-essent.

I have to bring in some cheap headphones next time and remix it. The monitors I'm using sound good, but are not at all accurate to the average sound of a stereo. They tend to be a little bass-friendly, making the mix sound a little muffled and dead when played through something mediocre.

I've heard a good idea is to a/b your recording to something professional and determine what changes could be made to the mix to make it sound more pro. Perhaps I'll try that.

As far as vocals, I'm thinking that its so much clashing as a tendency to be out of tune...(especially in the beginning).

Thanks for the good comments!
  5. I also need to clean up the bass line. I was working on a borrowed 9v for that one, it was a crappy first take. All made up. Sometimes that makes things sound crappy.
  6. Wow, lol very cool. I enjoied that! Make more! :D
  7. nice,,did sound kind of cluttered there for a while.. nice ending..
    I liked it.
  8. Thanks

More to come hopefully. The new mix will be posted in a couple days.
  9. Me like!

Yeah, the mix was so so, but overall.... good stuff.
  10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I agree with the vocal comments. Overall I like it a lot, good work! :bassist:
  11. Ok, here he go...New mix, new vocals....

Promise me the moon and wait on the surface.
    Then hold your breath craving the voice of my purpose.

Burn in the eclipse, I smell your flesh melting.
    Release your soul to the vast emptiness pressing you down.
    And I'll let you suffocate.

Who are you? Are you man in the mirror?
    Your tongue speaks lies the world wants to hear.

Impure as you are, you will be spared.
    For burdens you hold, others are clear.
  12. Wow, that was pretty good. It's not really my style of music but it still sounded good and I'm very impressed that you played every instrument on that track.

The mix sounded alright to me, but then again all the songs I've recorded were with Cool Edit Pro and a $10 microphone from radio shack :meh: .