Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yay! Finally new TRBp6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by furiously funky, Mar 14, 2004.

1. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    after a month of having this bass, i finally was able to get some pictures of it. i've wanted this bass for years, and i finally got one in the middle of february. This is the bass i will most likely be using for music school next year and beyond. i hav always loved the old TRB's and have tried to get a six before. this one is also fretless. I only wish it was natural, or maybe the amber finish, but im not complaining. i ended up paying about 700 us for it, and other than a ding where my right arm rests (on the edge of the bass) its in great condition for a bass from 1990. i love the piezo, and the bass is so quiet. i have only once heard any noise coming from it, a very light hum when it was right infront of the computer monitor.
    i am a happy boy. for a child of 17, i couldnt imagine being able to get a better bass.
    i just was excited and wanted to share.

2. Congrats, FF!!! Enjoy the TRB - a nice companion for your music school and beyond. :hyper:

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    If you don't like the finish, I'll gladly take it off of your hands. ;) I pray for the day when I can afford a TRB-6.

Congratulations on a kick ass bass. :)

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I had always heard the electronics on those were noisy. Guess not. I might have to check one out now.

5. nice score man! i love the trbs.

6. I looked at that picture again...

Damn! That thing looks delicious. :cool: And knowing Yamaha products, it will sound and feel every bit as nice. :)

7. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    thanks guys
    even though im not a fan of the finish, its staying :D
    and yah, id been told they had noisy electronics aswell. but not at all!! i forget i have it turned on at all a lot of the time. usually i can tell when im sitting on the amp, but the volume can be all the way up and hear nothing!! i was glad to be wrong.

8. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    oh yah, this is also a good time to ask the question, should i get a ramp between the pups?
    i didnt get much of a responce when i asked before :D

9. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    Congrats ff, I love my 91 TRB6P unlined fretless, yeah the piezo sounds great! :D

10. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    cool! mine was fretted, its obvious. now its not :D is yr board ebony?

11. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    nope, ebony is black but who cares, I like red fingerboards. :)

12. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    thats why i wondered, it isnt black, what is it? its really neat.

13. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    Purpleheart.

14. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Keith McMillan Instruments, SIT Strings, Accugroove Cabinets
    I love my TRB. It's been my only bass for 9 years. I'd like to hear it as a fretless though. I bet it is lovely. Oh well. When I get another bass, I may get this one modified. We'll have to see. Congratulations. B Easy

Myron Bennell Carroll

15. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    well, y not get another TRB 6? have a pair. :D

16. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    wow, both of those look really nice!

i haven't looked at Ibanez (other than the GW Sig) in a while.

congrats!

f

17. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    ibanez? dude, these beasts are yammies.

18. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Keith McMillan Instruments, SIT Strings, Accugroove Cabinets
    I've been seriously considering that. Have a fretted and a fretless. That would be lovely.

I just got out of the studio. Wow this bass sounds good. Only noise I heard is from my sloppy technique. Not a peep from the electronics.