Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Apr 23, 2005.

1. :hyper: My band had our first ever gig today, and it went really well. People were coming up and saying how well we did for our first gig, and how our MP3s(the ones I posted here a while ago) don't do us justice. I ran Bass>Sansamp(DI into PA), and then the out put into my amp(stage monitor). It was BEEFY. The soundguy said I had a great tone. I messed up one bit but that was all(only one person noticed anyhow). We have a second gig on Thursday! :hyper:
  2. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Well done. I hope the rest are, at least, as good as the first. Congratulations.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  4. pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Congratulations! The confidence you've gained will do you a lot of good in the future. Speaking of which, best of luck with the next one.
  5. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Good job! May your future bring many successful gigs.
  6. Good work, mate. Don't worry about the stuff up, it won't be your last :p

Its upward and onward from here!
  7. Thanks for the comments. There were some serious basses on show at this gig: An Aria Pro 2, a Musicman Stingray 4(had a little tootle, nice bass), and 2 spector euro LXs.
  8. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    :) It took a while, but you got there.

Congrats on the gig.
  9. It was nice, but wasn't a bass that I'd have picked over any of mine. It sounded good, looked good, and was pretty nice to play, but there's something about the neck that just didnt feel as good as my Spector's.
  10. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

congrats nICK , keep up the good work ...
  11. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Good job man, best of luck on thursday. :bassist:
  12. Cool! Watch out though, gigging is pretty addictive. :bassist:
  13. I had my second gig last night. It went sooooooooo well. So much better than the first. I managed to lock my spector's case and then forget the key, so I used my warwick for our entire set. We got by far the best reception of all the bands there, and have been invited back in about a month to play again.
  14. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    good job nick, keep at it :)
  15. I'll get pics as soon as I can.
  16. Congratulations Nick.

Now the journey begins. :D :D
  17. Yup, we got invited back to play cuz they think we're good and we get a good crowd through the doors.
  18. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Nice one Nick!

We completly fluffed a middle part in one of our songs due to a 'Drummer error!' It was more like he was trying to show off with the stick thingy and got it wrong!

Like everyone says its onwards and upwards, and yes gigging is a very addictive sport, thats why many bands spend months on the road sleeping in a the back of a VW micro bus waiting for the next venue!

Good Luck for next month!
  19. g04t

Aug 16, 2004
    Sunnyvale, CA

i hope to be posting a thread like this on saturday.
    but for now I will be ****ting my pants until the first song has been started friday night. :eek:
  20. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    well good luck with your gig then to :bassist: play good