Yay I got into jazz band!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by liran, Dec 4, 2001.

1. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    After months of waiting for the program to start, we had auditions today, and me and another bass player(female and really hot) tried out and we both got in. And she has been playin for like 4 more years then me, she seems really nice too. Ah good things come with time.
  2. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Ahh, what could be better, Jazz band with a hot bass player. :D Seriously though. My High School finally got a jazz band program going on my senior year, and it helped me a lot with my sight reading. To bad it was my senior year so I didn't really get a chance to get real in depth with it. The bassist who took my place is doing very excellent. Still, I think it was cool that I got to play with the jazz band for it's first year.
  3. Congrats man!

Welcome to the club of Highschool Jazz Band bassists.

I joined this year, my Junior year. I didn't have to audition, as my school is bassist anerexic. Hehehe. But really, congrats man. Tell me how you like it. I love it, and can read standard notation like the morning paper.
  4. yeah high school jazz bands are great.
    it's a good experience and good exposure.
    it's even better that bass players learn to read notation in high school...so that we aren't flooded with punk "musicians" who can't read if their lives depended on it.

i've been in jazz band since junior year and i'm in my senior year. We have an awesome rhythm section...to brag but it's me, our piano player, and drummer. What high school's are you guys in?
    Any of you guys in the L.A., CA. area. I might see you guys in a jazz festival.