Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yay I was In bass player magazine

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I just found out a couple days ago I got into the July issue of bass player magazine for the "introduce yourself" section so It was pretty cool. The only thing that slightly angered me was they changed around what I wrote and put stuff completely different , things that IMO arent very flatering. For example they wrote that I began playing guitar and then quit to play bass" It makes it sound like I gave up on guitar because it was to difficult and thats why I switched. but what I said was simply that I play guitar aswell as bass but concider myself a "bassist" because I just like it better and thats what I take lessons for and what I play in the bands Im in.

but aside from that It was pretty neat being in the magazine. :smug:

2. Very cool. I just saw that. Congrats.

3. Nice job man!

4. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    thanx guys

5. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Yep Good to have a face to the name:) Hey at least they didnt take out the talkbass link this time.

6. AWESOME MAN! :) :bassist: :cool:

7. jamiedunce

jamiedunce

Jan 21, 2005
    Sounds good!

Could someone care to explain how this "introduce yourself" thing in BPM works? Ive just signed up to the magazine so I wont be expecting my first copy for another 4-6 weeks! :(

8. burntgorilla

burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Belfast
    Oooh, which issue is that? The Victor Wooten one?

9. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    ^Its the issue with Bootsie on the front^

10. Just got mine yesterday and spotted you! Congrats!

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

No matter what you tell the "press", they never get it right. It almost always comes out making you look bad.

Any press is good press I suppose.