Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yay, my pedalboard is full no more GAS!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Beav, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    .... for now at least. Seriously though, it's packed tight and I'm so happy! For anyone that cares, here's the order

DOD bass compressor
    BOSS ODB-3
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah
    Ibanez Chorus
    DOD distortion
    Morley Wah
    DOD bass EQ
    Sansamp BDDI

I guess it's time to get a new pedal board.

2. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Nice setup.

My pedalboard got too packed so I've pulled off the
    EBS Multicomp (its for sale). The EBS actually did fit, but everything is velcro'd down and it was a royal pain to pull all the input cables to preserve the batteries.

Here'w where I ended up in order:

Radial Bassbone - loop to Dunlop Bass Wah-Wah
    Fodera 2000
    Boss Tu2
    Sansamp BDDI
    Visual Volume

3. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Nope! Not convinced :rollno:

you realise that to avoid buying anything else you'll have to renavigate any journey you have to avoid music stores. Stop buying any thin on content high on ad bass mags (sorry that's all of them) and also probably have to stop visiting these pages. :confused:

I thought I'd cured my GAS. 'Till I realised that I didn't have to have just one pedal board. :hyper:
    You do realise that you have no phase/flange or tremelo :eek: You also NEED a slow gear and you're limiting you're self to just 3 types of overdrive/distortion I give it less than a month before you're looking for something with a stronger envelope than the digitech synth wah too. :D

I'll give you it's not a bad start you have there, though :p

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    there is no cure for GAS, just time off between purchases

5. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Ask anyone here who knows me... There is NO cure for cronic GAS, I am living breathing proof... Bah!.. I just re-vamped my entire pedalboard in a matter of 2 months...

Alex

6. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    It's time to post a pic !

7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    get a power adapter setup. then you can lock it down and not worry about it.

8. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    As a note, PedalTrain is coming out with a new pedal board that will be 32"x16" and come in an ATA approved flight case with recessed hardware, handles and wheels. I don't know what the street price will be though.

-Eric.

9. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    BAH!.. I have wanted one for such a long time, but they where always too small... Where did you get your info from???

Alex

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    It's true. I talked to the PedalTrain guys about this.

It took me getting a TC G Force before I got over my pedal GAS. I had 22 VERY expensive pedals on my board, and I was showing no signs of stopping.

And now, 8 months of not having all those pedals.... the GAS is starting to come back! Gah!

11. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I told jah man!.. I told jah... And not jesus jah ether.. :p

you have an e-mail...

Alex

12. If you get DC plugs (just the plugs, no cables) and plug in the pedals don't draw any power from the batteries. Should be easier than unplugging every cable, right?

13. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA

Straight from the manufacturer. In fact, they're coming out with two new models and the existing one is being phased out. (If you're interested in the existing model, let me know and I can try to find a local dealer for you.) The other new model is slightly smaller at 22" x 12.5"

-Eric.

14. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    You have an e-mail kind sir...

Alex