Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YBA200 on tv and live

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Subculture13, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I was going to post about this a few weeks ago when it happened but I forgot until last night when something happened to remind me....

I saw the band Pilate live and their bassist was using a Traynor YBA200 and Yorkville XC808 cabinet at their show.

Last night I was watching Muchmusic and the same bassist is clearly using the YBA200 in their newest video (Underrated), but it sits on an Ampeg 8x10 in that video. At first I didn't know if it was just a rented backline rig or not, but I guess not, it seems that he is using it (YBA200) pretty extensively if he's even put it in their video, and he's upgraded (if it can be called that) from the Ampeg 8x10 to the Yorkville XC808. Pretty cool I thought.

I wonder if this is hinting at an endorsement deal of some kind.... Their singer was even playing a Gibson ES333 (Yorkville is Canada's exclusive Gibson distributor), but that might be grasping at straws a little.

Just thought all you Canucknuckleheads would like to hear about that.

2. How did the YBA200/XC808 Combo sound?

3. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I've tried that combination myself and loved the sound, but in this case I can't say, he was DI'ed because I didn't notice any mics on the cab, they may have been there, or he may have been using the YBA200's DI out, I don't know. His tone did sound great though, regardless of how it was achieved.

4. Is the song called Overrated or Underrated?

5. Subculture13

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Should be Overrated. Though the CD is out of reach at the moment so I am not going to get up to check. I have it stuck in my head, I am 99.99% certain it's overrated.

6. how would a YBA200 compare with a YBA-3?