1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

YBA200 preamp tube shock mount

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mzungu, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Has anybody else removed the three-holed metal plate thing (I think its called a shock mount) in the preamp area of your YBA200? After trying several different preamp tubes I got tired of messing with it and just removed it for good. Is it really necessary for the preamp tubes and should I put it back in?

2. cymbop

cymbop

Mar 1, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Hey, I can't speak to the importance of the preamp braces, but my YBA-200 vibrates like a glass rattlesnake whenever I hit a D at the 6th fret of the A string. It's really annoying.... I like the key of D. Ideas, anybody?

3. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ

Actually, I think the entire world would vibrate and shatter if you were able to hit a D on the 6th fret of the A string.

:ninja:

:bag:

4. cymbop

cymbop

Mar 1, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Touche. 5th fret. I can't count to one without thinking twice.:bag:

5. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    if the amp is on your cab, put an auralex gamma, thick foam, etc. between the amp and cab to protect from rattling.

6. Any rattle may require a little EQ adjustment!!!!

7. Tune to Drop C# or to Eb. Bamm! D on the 6th Fret of the 'A' String.

J

8. throw_this_away

throw_this_away

Mar 30, 2006
    And I thought I was the only one who uses that tuning...

As far as the plate... everything is there for a reason. I say that once you settle on your fav preamp tube combo... put it back in.

9. A lot of the bands round my area use it. To tell you the truth i don't dig it that much, it was a comprimise as my guitarist wanted to tune BGCFAbD, *shakes head*

//thread hijack over

i don't know this head but if it was my Sunn, i would get it cheecked out and if nothing could be done i'd take the amp off the cab.

10. If the buzz really bothers you, Try playing LOUDER!:)