1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yea! I just gots me a promotion!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kissmybASS01, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Just wanted to announce I got a new promotion at work! :hyper: While I'm still working at my small custom cabinet shop, I've been recruited to work in the "front offices." I'll be in charge of all purchasing, order processing, scheduling/arranging service calls, and some kitchen engineering tasks.

I'm happy and a little sad at the same time. I'll no longer be a wage slave, as I'm immediately bumped up in pay to a salary. That said, there goes the crazy amount of overtime I usually get (at 1.5 times my hourly wage). Uh-oh...I think I'm getting G.A.S. again:(
    My hours change and become more stable. However, I'm now working later which makes juggling week-night rehearsals and out of town gigs slightly more difficult. I used to be done by 2:30pm on Friday afternoons, and now I'm stuck till at least 5pm:rollno:

I was chosen internally due to my work ethic, dedication and (apparently) very good organizational skills. Three factors I was told outright that the guy previously was strongly lacking.

On the side, it also keeps me away from the finger removing table saws and the like.

2. ahkiatt

ahkiatt

Sep 30, 2006
    Singapore
    Congratulations!

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Awesome.

4. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Keep on climbing the corporate ladder, and soon you'll be able to do coke in the bathrooms at Dorsia!

Congrats btw :)!

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Go get yourself that deee-lux apartment in the skyyyy---yyyyy---yyyyyy.

-Mike