Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YEA!! My bass is here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by John K., May 23, 2002.

1. ahhh, i just got an Essex BG150 Bass. It has a natural finish on an ASH body, maple on maple neck w/ block inlays, and amazing growl! the only thing i dont like about this bass is the output of the pickups, but im gonna get some DiMarzio Ultra Jazz's to fix that. I gotta go play the bass again, its calling my name...

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Pics rule is still in effect, people!

3. i'll try to get some pics of my bass up, but it looks pretty much exactly like that one on the site.

click here

4. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    160 bucks eh? Interesting. Do those compare more in line with squier's or with MIMs? Looks pretty good,, if it plays good and sounds good I might consider getting one as an extra.

5. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

these essex's are WAY better than Squier's, and could be better than an MIM. heck, i think this bass can play like an MIA, but its just sound thats lacking a little. just buy it, then upgrade, you wont regret it.

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i have always wonderd about these basses
    they make six strings and i think i am going to get one to just have one!
    and i wan't the bass you have!!! it looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    which one to pick?
    click
    or what about these
    click

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    seriously,

i've heard so much about these lil ol' basses, makes me wanna see what all the fuss is about. :D

10. Velkov

Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    Holly s***!!! And I felt bad when I got my Mexican Jazz Bass because I was buying a sweatshop product. These things are probably made by enslaved 4 year olds!

11. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Very nice. What I like about it is that the natural finish allows close inspection of wood quality. Upgrade the PU and you've got yourself a steal!

12. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    snaggletooth,
    How does the bass feel?? I mean, the action, the fretboard, the overall quality of the instrument?

You sure can't beat 150 bones for a decently built instrument. Throw $100 at it for pickups and have a rad little bass.

I'm really interested in looking at these, so let me know your opinions.

Thanks.

Oh, and nice bass btw:)

Alex

13. If any of you are REALLY interested about these basses, I did a comprehensive review of the Essex Deluxe Precision Bass here in the Basses forum few weeks back. Just use the search function to find it and be amazed.

I have no reason the believe the Jazzes wouldn't be an even better bass given the way the P played.

14. WOW!!!

those look like an absolute STEAL!

those 6-strings look lovely, and the price makes them look even better!

how on earth can they get the price so low?

l8rz

Tom

P.S. better find out if they ship to the U.K........:D

15. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Hambone,
    Thank you so much, sir!:)

Alex off to check out essex stuff:)

16. UzzA

UzzA

Mar 29, 2002
    Yeah i bought there jazz bass (SJB-62) and its absolutley amazing! I was very surprised on how great the bass was set up when i recieved it. Im not even going to replace the stock pickups they have pretty decent output. The only thing i changed was the ugly green tinted pickguard with a black one. Ahhhhhh black on black Soooooooooooo sexy!

17. yea...these basses have been mentioned here quite a bit. I've been wanting to get one but can't justify until i get rid of my other basses.
    Search the archives here and over at harmony-central, there are pretty good reviews.

18. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    hmmmm...

[​IMG]

$139,00
    GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS

19. this bass is great. i love every aspect of it. the action out of the box was great, it was the way i like it (medium-high), the fretboard is great, nice and even, and over all quality is amazingly good for a bass of this price.

20. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    if i were in the USA i'd buy this one in an heartbeat!!

[​IMG]