Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yeah, I prefer the old times too

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Sep 2, 2000.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yeah it´s true, old primus were the biggest band in the world.

not that current primus isn´t, but somehow the style has changed.

of course this has to be also about the change of drummers (Herb for Brain), herbs recordings and live performances were too good, almost unbeatable. and brain started with the wrong foot, but he´s getting very good nowadays.

if you compare drumbeats recorded on brown album and the ones in frizzle fry...it´s lots of diference. but brain did very well in rhinoplasty and in antipop is good.

ok, that´s my point

see ya

-Les

2. Jon Stefaniak

Jon Stefaniak Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2000
    Tokyo, Japan
    I feel that brain is a less active drummer, not that has less energy, but that he sticks to fewer drums. he uses a much smaller set than the pictures I've seen herb playing. brain seems, to me, less creative. But thats not nessisarily bad. Just different. we just have to accept the changes and look orward to the future.

3. Jon Stefaniak

Jon Stefaniak Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2000
    Tokyo, Japan
    I feel that brain is a less active drummer, not that has less energy, but that he sticks to fewer drums. he uses a much smaller set than the pictures I've seen herb playing. brain seems, to me, less creative. But thats not nessisarily bad. Just different. we just have to accept the changes and look orward to the future.