Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yeah, lighting bills on fire is tres cres.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigWig Will, Mar 18, 2003.

1. I wonder if they get in trouble with the label execs when that happens?

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Is signing or writing on money considered defacing it? I see money with writing on it all the time, and it still spends.

3. I think technically it's illegal, but it's too impractical to try and enforce it and the bills get removed from circulation in a few years anyway.

4. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    they just made that law so they could add time on to people who are making money in their basment. Like curfew. Nobody enforces it. Just when your acting stupid.

5. i think it may be illegal to deface money and then try to pass it on as legal tender... why would it be illegal otherwise, if it belongs to you?

6. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    His attempt at singing should be a crime.

That one song on the tv and radio with Ahanti he sounds like a goat trying to sing. what a loser.

7. I though the problem here was the fact that he blew off a promo interview to gamble, not the fact that he was autographing money.

I wonder if Ja Rule and other rappers are really as wealthy as they appear to be. Shouldn't they be worried about recouping the cost of their albums? Or don't they care?

8. Money ain't a thang y'all....til they reposses your boots.

9. I wish I could live like Ja. Get to skip t.v. interviews and hand out $50 bills! Hopefully time will catch up with him, and he'll pull a Hammer.

jtbp

(pull a Hammer= go bankrupt):D

10. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    But it doesn't really belong to you. Think about it...
    That $20 bill in your wallet hasn't always been there. Currency circulates constantly and when it is destroyed it can no longer circulate. It cost $ to make new $ to replace the destroyed $! :D

11. that doesn't ACTUALLY make sense to you, does it?

12. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Not really.... it was more or less meant as a joke.

13. good, just checking. :D