1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yeah! Trace Elliot V-type

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by junglebike, Jul 15, 2003.

1. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Just got my "new" Trace V-type from TB-er David Wilson. It's in great shape, and I LOVE the tone! Finally, my rig (Stewart+Epifani 212) is complete now that I've swapped my SWR Grand Prix for the Trace...

I'll post a review later once I've had a chance to play with it some more, and try it with my G&L L-1000 ("out for delivery":)).

Initial impressions: amazingly flexible for a passive tone stack! Excellent clarity down to fuzzy overdriven mud. I can dial in fantastic fretless tones, slap, or old-school thump. I also like that the DI is on the *front* of the amp, since I've got a 2-space rack (hard to reach the rear inputs.)

What a great unit!

2. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I just picked up one as well. Still learning to tweak it. I need to hop back over to basstasters and see how they set it for testing.
    Definitely warmer than the old Yamaha PB-1.
    I'm definitely liking the fact that the DI is on front. The thing is set up nearly identical to the Alembic F1-X, F-1X ??

K

3. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Welcome to the club!