Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yeahhh...i'm lost

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fenderx55, Jun 24, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    ok, i've read all the past posts, and i'm still stuck. It's time for me to replace my thrice soaked, pretty dead, bloody GHS boomers (.055-.115) and i'm not really sure what to put on there. I think i want something with more mids, a clean deep low, and moderate highs. I just want something that will be nice sounding with fingers and have some bite with a pick (50% of my band's set is played with a pick). idk what i should get. the problem is that my old strings are so far from new (i think i bought them in november?) that i don't remember how they sounded. However, i was htinking SIT Nickel plated Power Wounds? any thoughts? i'm kinda pissed, my local store doesn't carry them and i just got a gift certificate

2. go w/ Rotosounds man! Rotosounds have nice mids.

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i'm actually looking at the bass player string roundup december 04...that's right i save all my back issues wanna fight about it? ::hikes up pants:: :ninja: lol. anyway, idk it's saying that it has really cutting treble...i'm not so much into annoying treble...or maybe i am.

my internal dialogue is pulling me apart. right now, my brain is like one of those kids, who's parents fight in front of them alot and then all of a sudden he start screaming, "STOP IT, STOP IT YOUR KILLING ME INSIDE." i think i need more sleep.

4. um..... alrighty, try DeanMarkley NickelSteels.
    Bumpin in the midrange, but less high's.

5. they also have nickel rotosounds that are MUCH more mellow in the high's but still have a pronounced midrange