year of the mega games...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Nov 13, 2004.

1. so here we have so many big games coming out at once, how do they expect us poor college kids to study? heres a short list of the big games i know that are coming out soon or are already out:

GTA san andreas
    Half life 2
    Halo 2
    Everquest 2
    World of Warcraft
    Gran Tourisimo 4

and so many others. what games are you guys looking foward to or have already bought?

i have san andreas already and its amazing, but i plan on getting GT4 and Halo 2 soon.
  2. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    GTA san andreas - I don't like eating right and exercising in real life, why would I want to do it in a video game?

Half life 2 - Don't like FPSs on the PC that much.

Halo 2 - Buying this one once someone gets them back in stock here in town.

Everquest 2 - I refuse to pay ten dollars a month to play one game full of idiots.

World of Warcraft - See Everquest 2.

Gran Tourisimo 4 - Don't like racing games.

...I see no problem with all these games coming out now.
  3. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    The only one of those that appeal to me is HL2. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on perspective, my video card is a little to old to make the game justice. And I don't feel like buying a new one instead of eating, so it'll have to wait.

I'm personally looking forward to Dreamfall, the sequel to The Longest Journey.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    More or less, the same. But, I don't think the RPG elements of San Andreas are going to keep me from enjoying it. Halo 2...I dunno, I'll have to check it out. Fortunately, my brother is a game addict, so I can just cop it off him.
  5. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    The RPG aspects of San Andreas are so minimal that they don't really detract from the game IMO.

I played Halo 2 which was pretty cool, but much like the 1st one so I wasn't too impressed. Halo, albeit a cool game, was never that much better than a lot of other FPS games to me.

I'm looking forward to HL2 finally coming out. All in all it's a good time if you're a gamer.
  6. GTA SA and GT4 are the ones that I care about. EQ/WoW, kinda burned out on the MMORPG thing. Halo/Half Life, FPS are very unappealing to me.

Jeez, I really can't wait for GT4. My GT, GT2, and GT3 have been sitting at 100% (Except for GT2, which is bugged and can never show 100%) for some time now. It's amazing how good the graphics are in this series of games.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    How can you prefer a console controller for FPSs?! keyboard/mouse is made to order for shooters!

brad cook
  8. the only ones i really care about are gta sa halo 2 and gt4, the rest are just other big games i know a lot of people are excited about.
  9. Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within.

10. Don't forget:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

Is Star Wars Battlefront any good? I want it to be good, but I hate being let down. --Star Wars has done that to me too much already.

12. It's fun to play with friends for a few hours, but after that...thats it.

It's one of those games when you first play you're like "this game is totally awesome!" and then a few days later you're trying to sell it back to the place because you've already done everything.

It's a worthy rental and nothing beyond that, IMO.
  13. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I played GTA San Andreas today for several hours at my brother's house today. It felt very stale to me. I felt like I'd done all this before.

IMO the PC gets the best games but the cost of PCs and PC components is just too much for me right now. I really want to try a MMORPG like Everquest 2.
  14. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU

Waiting for StarCraft II and hoping they wont ruin if like WarCraft III... Funny it's WC, for short :D

But, unfortunately I dont have much time to play nowadays... :crying:
    I have three or four games on my PC that I havent had the time to play more than a couple of hours so far... also, I should be writing my HW and a smaller monography now, and learning for some of the classes... :(
  15. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'd like to reply, but I have to hunt down Ryder....:)
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Is it just an unreal clone? FPS with Star Wars skins? (My needs are simple in this regard.) thanks Jake.
  17. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Don't get me wrong, it's probably a great game. I'm just extremely bored with videogames in general, especially console games. About the only 2 genres of games that remotely interest me anymore are strategy and MMORPG. Both of these genres are done best by far on the PC. I wish PC's were cheaper :( .
  18. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Man, I'm still trying to catch up with my Super Nintendo games.

And Kiki the Nanorobot is currently kicking my ass. Man, that game can make one feel dumb real fast.