Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yearly Tune Up

Discussion in 'Bass Humor [DB]' started by Mike Goodbar, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Not a joke, but this struck me as funny:

I bought a hybrid Christopher last April, and my Engelhardt has not been removed from its case since then, confined to corner of my basement.

Yesterday, I had an outside gig, and I decided to bring the Engelhardt to avoid any potential damage to my Chrissie due to the 90-degree+ heat and threat of rain.

I took the Ol' Engel out of its bag and asked for a tuning note, expecting the worst. I found that it was still perfectly in tune since the last time I'd played it!

2. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    well about a year ago i bote a esp ltd b-205 and my storys like your but i dident buy extra strings for it so when one poped it tolk me weeks to get to the store so i had to resort to playing my first bass a fender p-bass you know the one we all started with i pulled (it out it was tighter then i was used to) and i was amased to find that after a good 9 months it hadent fallen out of tune