Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yee-hah! Ordered my Bag End cab today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Sep 25, 2001.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I was going to order a Bag End S15-D last month, but finding my Ric 4001 refugee at a local pawn shop put me behind schedule.

Finally, I was able to order the cab from BassNW tonight. Hoot! I can hardly wait!

I'm planning on having a pair of Bag End 15" cabs when I'm all done. I was leaning to getting a S15-XD as the second cab, but was having second thoughts because I don't slap. However, Gabe at BassNW was telling me how well a S15-XD works for him as - get this - an acoustic guitar cab! That convinced me - I hack at fingerstyle acoustic on the side. More money to save up!

Everybody I've dealt with at BassNW has been great!

The waiting is going to be painful...

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Let us know what you think after you get them. As you know I got munee last week and reported in. Then I did a search in the amps forum on bag ends and was amazed that other people who had them used almost the same words to describe them.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I've been following your experiences with great interest. I was only able to swing one right now, but I'm frantically saving away for the next!

The ones I've "test driven" have been great. The only potential problem I noted was the need to have a hard surface behind the cab for the port to work well, which really isn't a problem for me. I also noticed you can tune the bass response somewhat by varying the distance from the wall.

4. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Congrats...you'll be pleased. Bag End boxes are great. I use the s15 and d10 boxes...sometimes together, sometimes alone depending on the gig. They are very good sounding...very "true" and easy to move around. The spl is exceptional for a small box. My 2-10 is a "narrow" model I have had for a few years, and that box with an SWR Baby Blue head is quite a coupling! Very true sound.
    You'll that BE 15!
    Max

5. cool, i want one of those for an extension cab, my first step in slowly building a nice rig...

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Man! congrats on buying a fantastic cab. I just love my s15x and use that more than any of my other cabs. Also, I just want to say, again, that Bag End is a SUPER company. :D You'll probably never use the 6-year warrenty, because the cabs are built for the real world but if you do you can't go wrong knowing that they stand behind their product.