1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Yellow J-bass - AGUILAR Pickups, Stacked Pots!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheEmptyCell, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    $395 shipped! I'll send it international on your dime (buyers risk for overseas/ Canada)

14551798446_5279565582_b. Yellow bass full front by jposega, on Flickr

14594980903_6e56d678c6_b. Yellow bass bottom by jposega, on Flickr

14388448447_853c9f421b_b. Yellow bass back by jposega, on Flickr

14574882945_2a28d0135b_b. Yellow bass closeup by jposega, on Flickr

This is a parts bass made of the following:

Amateur yellow refinished Fender MIM Active Jazz body
    Fender CIJ P neck, 1 3/4" nut, not a baseball bag 50s style, but thicker than 'modern' P type necks
    Aguilar 70s wind pickups
    60s style stacked knob control plate (VT/ VT setup)
    Gotoh bridge
    D'addario balanced 45-107 nickel strings

Seems to weigh around 9 pounds. Sounds awesome. You also get a white pickguard along with the pearloid one. As you can see, there is some damage to the body that was there before an owner prior to the guy I got it from here on TB, well... damaged it. How? Dunno. You can't see that damage from the front or back (not visible, therefore, to the audience).

There is some running in the paint, and some flecks, maybe a bit of orange peel. But it's a great, summery color. If only Fender themselves would produce basses in any colors besides red, white, black, blue, and 3TS.

Sounds really good, but I'm not a Jazz bass kind of guy. The Aguilar pickups are really awesome.

Trade interests!
    Violin bass
    Squier Mustang or Musicmaster bass
    Any variety of short-scale or hollow body basses
    A PJ or P/humbucker bass
    An unlined fretless with a wider-than-1.5 inch-nut
    A bass with two P pickups in it

A compressor or envelope filter pedal or a Digitech Bass Whammy (new version) would be awesome, too.

If you have a body that fits the above criteria (PJ/P hum bucker/ dual P) but the neck is Jazz width (1.5" nut), I would trade my loaded body for yours and keep my P neck.

I'm in Syracuse, NY with nothing to do until I get a job, so I could meet local/ semi-local interested parties.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. TheEmptyCell

TTT! Run trade ideas by me. Ideally, a straight sale is preferred, to raise more money for moving, but a straight trade or one that nets me a little cash is also acceptable.

EDIT: Longshot, but I would really like a 5-string banjo, preferably resonator, but the right deal would sway me either direction!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  3. pm'ing

4. TheEmptyCell

PM replied, still available and highly interested in a semi hollow and/ or short scale.

5. TheEmptyCell

Just a heads up that I cannot add cash to any trades. I've had a few offers that I would have liked to have taken, but all were plus cash from me. I can really only afford shipping on my part.

I'm interested in trading for some studio monitors or a very nice set of headphones; a short-scale/ hollowbody; 5 string banjo; or a Wii U; PJ with a P neck; Peavey T60 guitar. Run ideas by me.

6. TheEmptyCell

I'm going to post a feeler thread to see if theres interest in this if it were to be parted out.

7. Ffreddy

Ffreddy

Feb 14, 2011
    Any interest in trading for a fender rustler 5 string banjo? Its in like new condition.

8. TheEmptyCell

Trade fell through, still looking for offers! Also, still open to parting it out!

9. TheEmptyCell

This bass is shipping out today! Thanks for looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.