Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yep..i did it again

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenbull, Nov 22, 2003.

1. fenbull

fenbull

Oct 31, 2003
    Akron ohio
    After asking for help again on this board (thanks all) I just thought lets try something diffrent at the old GC.I must admit I love the 30 day trade back policy. I am not taking advantage of them and the boys in C town have taken good care of me. Just something about the Fender jazz MIM that I wasnt happy about. Oh yea and the pick ups suck very noisy.I bought a Yamaha BB405 in natural finish 5 string and I blows the fender out of the water.! The neck is great and the pups although also single coil are great and as quiet as a mouse.I also found out something ..I play a 5 string much cleaner and faster then a four.I now know it is the string spacing. I have small hands and played guitar and the spacing really helps me. The bridge and tuners are much heaver and better than the fenders and the tone is a world of diference on the fender imo. the only thing I dont like is it is neck heavy....but I think it will be alright when i get used to it.I also upgraded to a 25watt practice amp with more features and that is a big difference too.I have not seen much talk on the Yamahas and the BB405...any feedback?:bassist:

2. heh, cool. Hope your happy with your decision, and that the bass works out for you.

[/|\]

3. I had the BB605 for a while. I really liked the way that bass played but I didn't really care for the Nathan East preamp. It had some great tones in there but minor adjustments changed volume too much and was kind of hard to do in the middle of a song. The 405 is the same bass only passive so you shouldn't have that trouble. I would have chosen it over a Fendario too.