1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yep, I did it. (Ibanez Prestige)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by el_mariachi, Mar 16, 2008.

1. el_mariachi

el_mariachi

Mar 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I just happened to put "BTB" into the search while browsing on ebay, and came across this Japanese Ibanez BTB Prestige 5 string.
    Yea it has a little wear on the body, but I just couldn't pass it up. Mostly because I've been on the fence about a BTB lately. This one was very unique and something I haven't seen before. I really dig the walnut and flamed maple combo. I also couldn't resist the fact that it has USA Bartolini pickups and electronics. I will definitely post pics when it arrives (hopefuly Wednesday or Thursday). Now I just have to sell my '98 MIM Jazz Deluxe.

2. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    You lucky, lucky man

3. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    You got a FINE deal, and that's a killer looking bass. Reminds me of a Ken Smith.

4. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Looks like a Ken Lawrence Unity 5. Nice find man ! :)

5. el_mariachi

el_mariachi

Mar 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    thanks guys. Earwigger, yea I thought there was some familiarity with this bass. You're right, it does have a bit of resemblance to a Ken Smith (at least finish-wise).

6. Niiiiiiice

Good find.

7. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Nice Find. I recently bought a Fujigen SR. Nicest Ibanez I've ever played. I've been a fan of their guitars for years, but not so much their basses. The Japanese ones are special!

8. Just bought a used K5, now the rays and jazzes aren't getting a look in. It's a fantastic bass, I'm a big Ibanez fan.

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Man! You got a monster deal!:eek: That is one of the best buys I have seen since joining TB.:D

10. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Very nice Ibanez!

11. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    That's one of the better looking BTB's I've seen. Normally I think they're semi-ugly. Ridiculously good deal man, congrats!

12. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    I hate it when Ibanezes have nicer woods than my Zon...

Nice Ibby. I used to have the BTB1206e. Nice bass. Moved it, and i think you got a killer price.

13. sotjian

sotjian

Nov 18, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I've got GAS for the BTB and you my friend scored. Wow. Great acquisition.