yes another blister thread...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Geezerman, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Alright heres my story. A week and a half ago, a few of my friends decide to play our talent show as this is our last year here, i say yes of course. Now i play the instrument everyday but in a medium sized garage, drums set (loud drummer) to guitarist with large amps, and we have me with my 60watt combo (yes i need a new amp :p) i developed a blister tonight after playing harder than normal. Problem is we are recording the audition tape tommorow evening, i have a temp fix, i will just play with index and ring, and the show is 3 weeks after that, but i need advice on what i should do. After searching ive concluded, i either so leave it, or pop a tiny holle dip in alcohol and bandage/glue/tape, what are your opinions?

(and for some is ALWAYS my middle finger...maybe because its long so i do single finger runs alot on it) :help:
  2. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Superglue works wonders.

I use it for blisters and cuts from bass, work (cashier tears up my hands) and well, pole vault.

You'll get used to the feel.
  3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Between taking a beginning guitar, and severl hours of slapping in band rehearsal, I developed a nasty blister on my thumb. It's currently covered in superglue.

Superglue is great, unfortunately, it only works if your blister has popped and you are missing skin, or have a flap.

If it hasn't popped yet, soak it in cool water for awhile. Sterelize a needle (match flame works best) and pop it carefully from the edge and bandage it. keep it clean. For playing, wrap it in a bandaid, and you should be fine. It'll be raw for a few days, until the skin underneath toughens up.
  4. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks guys, of course we had a video being taped today, so the one fingered "claw" came out :p Probably looked retarded but i thre in my ring finger, what ever get it done right ;) Going to go soak in alchohol, pop it and banade right now.
  5. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I want to bump this for another reason, should i remove the dead skin after poppage?