Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yes another blister thread...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Geezerman, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Alright heres my story. A week and a half ago, a few of my friends decide to play our talent show as this is our last year here, i say yes of course. Now i play the instrument everyday but in a medium sized garage, drums set (loud drummer) to guitarist with large amps, and we have me with my 60watt combo (yes i need a new amp :p) i developed a blister tonight after playing harder than normal. Problem is we are recording the audition tape tommorow evening, i have a temp fix, i will just play with index and ring, and the show is 3 weeks after that, but i need advice on what i should do. After searching ive concluded, i either so leave it, or pop a tiny holle dip in alcohol and bandage/glue/tape, what are your opinions?

(and for some is ALWAYS my middle finger...maybe because its long so i do single finger runs alot on it) :help:

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Superglue works wonders.

I use it for blisters and cuts from bass, work (cashier tears up my hands) and well, pole vault.

You'll get used to the feel.

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Between taking a beginning guitar, and severl hours of slapping in band rehearsal, I developed a nasty blister on my thumb. It's currently covered in superglue.

Superglue is great, unfortunately, it only works if your blister has popped and you are missing skin, or have a flap.

If it hasn't popped yet, soak it in cool water for awhile. Sterelize a needle (match flame works best) and pop it carefully from the edge and bandage it. keep it clean. For playing, wrap it in a bandaid, and you should be fine. It'll be raw for a few days, until the skin underneath toughens up.

4. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks guys, of course we had a video being taped today, so the one fingered "claw" came out :p Probably looked retarded but i thre in my ring finger, what ever get it done right ;) Going to go soak in alchohol, pop it and banade right now.

5. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I want to bump this for another reason, should i remove the dead skin after poppage?