Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yes, Guitar Playes Can Do It, Too... ;)

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Cool. This is the second time I've seen slapping on a guitar (the first was Reggie Wooten, which sucked). This is pretty damn cool though, better tone then Reggie, less sloppy. Still though, it just doesn't fit IMO.

2. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Well, he certainly seems to have the technique down pretty good!

3. jyee

jyee

Oct 27, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    slapping is actually fairly common in the guitar world... particularly in the acoustic steelstring fingerstyle world where it seems slapping and tapping are done more often than strumming (e.g. kaki king, trace bundy, etc.)

4. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Hey, that sounds pretty cool, hes doing the proper 'bass slapping' technique and getting the right sound out of it.

5. Buckethead slaps a little too, but he always seems to use a wah effect when he does.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    i would like to see him on a bass. Hoe could probably do some amazing stuff!

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
  8. Purvel

Purvel

Oct 8, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Daniel Gildenlöw of Pain of Salvation is a pretty adept guitar slapper as well. I saw PoS at a live show once, and at some point during the last song he started slapping :) That was the first time I had ever seen a guitarist do that. On the other hand, he plays alot of different instruments, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's a bassist as well :p