Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yes- Heart Of The Sunrise

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by XXWaRwIcKBaSSXX, Oct 30, 2003.

1. XXWaRwIcKBaSSXX

XXWaRwIcKBaSSXX

Jan 2, 2003
    Can someone please tab Yes- Heart of The Sunrise for me? I dont think it would be that hard, thanks.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

If you think it won't be that hard - then why not try transcribing it yourself?

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Tsk Tsk, Now Bruce, you know the rules. You aren't being very helpful.

... Nor am I, but...

:bassist: HEART OF THE SUNRISE RULZ!!! :bassist:

Sounds pretty tricky to me, but what do I know, I suck. One thing is for sure, Chris Squire total owns that song. Before I even played bass or knew what bass was, and well... when I absolutely hated Yes (singerman still drives me nuts) I dug the riff to Heart of The Sunrise.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Well I think you're wrong - nowhere in the rules does it say - you must be helpful!! Actually, in this forum, it basically says the opposite, IMO!! ;)

Anyway - never mind all that, I was just asking the poster a question, which may serve to elucidate and be one step on the road to helpfulness!!

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Eh I suppose that isn't really an anti tab comment. As much as a get off your ass and figure it out yourself comment. I agree, we'd all be better off if tabs just kinda disappeared off the face of the earth, but such is not the case. Therefore, telling all the tab kids the error of their ways is a good idea, BUT, we aren't suppose to do it in the tab forum :)confused:). There has been a few debates about it already.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Well - you said all the anti-tab stuff - not me !!

I was just surprised that he/she thought it wouldn't be hard - my first thought was that if this was in fact the case, then why not do it yourself?

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I believe XXWaRwIcKBaSSXX is a FaT MaN PlAyIn BaSs...

8. Bruce Lindfield

9. BenFranklin

BenFranklin

Oct 1, 2003
    Why?

IMO, I think it's a valuable tool.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

The mods are going to hate me: Most people starting out on bass instantly use tabs. That's ok if you want to learn a few songs to get started and be like "Oh boy, bass sure is fun gee golly." BUT you didn't figure out the song. It doesn't help you develop your ear. Imagine never having to ask someone to tab something out for you... because you can figure it out by ear. Also there is the issue of tabs show you where the notes are, but don't show what the timing is. ALSO, they are rarely accurate. Sorry mods.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Stupid Matt has been brainwashed by the Clan TabEvil!! :eek:

I suppose with a username like that, he was always likely to be eminently suggestable!!

:D

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The joke is on them... I sometimes use guitar pro... sometimes. :ninja:

THEY SAID THEY'D TAKE MY THUMBS :bawl: :bawl:

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Alright bouys and gulls, you all know the drill. Let's keep this on topic and respond to the original tab request if we're going to be posting here. :cool:

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV

Mar 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Wow, searched for this thread, saw so many replies, and was so pumped to see the tabs... and I get nothing but words. Lame.

15. Tabs are Lame, but you can find it on ultimate-guitar.com

16. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Search for the tab before you ask? There is like and ass load of it out there on the sweet world wide web :D

17. billbern

billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
  18. Journey55

Journey55 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Don't suppose there's another way to get that transcription....

19. Darnell Jones

Darnell Jones Banned

Aug 29, 2011
  20. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    That's going to be a fun one to work one!