1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yes, I drove over my bass!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by zenrad, Aug 8, 2019.

1. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Wow, it survived. Tough bass.
    Good story.
    Thanks for sharing and as the old saying goes, poopie happens.

2. I bet that you'll never do that again!

3. Yellow Bang66

Yellow Bang66

Jun 5, 2019

4. That is something that was drilled into us when I first worked as a cable installer many years ago. We were required to back into driveways. The theory was you had a clear few of things on first arrival and after you were there working for an hour you had a clear view to leave.

It's something I still do now. In fact my wife and I both back our cars into the garage.

Winslow likes this.
  5. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Backing in for the win!* :thumbsup:

*Also a notable entry on the List of Phrases That Sound Dirty Even If They Really Aren't!

WI Short Scaler likes this.
  6. vstrode

vstrode

Feb 2, 2009
    Saint Louis
    That's ok. Somebody ran over my Ric (in the case) a few weeks ago. Good thing Ric makes good cases....

7. bill_woeltje

bill_woeltje

Jun 23, 2016
    It's now officially " broken in" !

zenrad likes this.
  8. Udhoops

Udhoops

Jul 4, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    This one takes me back to 1984. I had pinched pennies to be able to afford a boat anchor of a bass. A Hondo II P-bass copy. My three piece band all drove together to our rehearsal space in the drummers jacked up 4x4. I put my bass in the bed of the truck for the ride home. On the way down a country road a dog ran in front of the truck. The drummer locked it up and we slid nose down into a deep ditch flipping the truck end over end...no seat belts. Miraculously we were all unharmed. We crawled out to survey the wreckage. Dead dog, totaled truck, and no bass to be seen. We walked around the neighboring soybean field until we found it. Not a scratch. The action was about the same as before (awful) so no harm done.

Kokoman likes this.