Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yes!! I finally got to practice with a drummer!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassman1185, Jun 12, 2001.

1. I got to practice with a drummer Sunday for the first time. It was cool, except that it was hot. Really hot. I live in Iowa, and we were practicing in his garage/shed and it was so humid my hand stuck to the neck. It was at least 85 degrees, plus the humidity. The drummer, a friend of mine, is in a band, and I really want to get in it, but they have a bassist, and they won't kick him out even though he sucks, and he's obnoxious. From what the drummer tells me, the basist just started playing, and the guitarist in the band is so arrogent that he doesn't want a bassist that might steal the spotlight (not like I would, even though I do have a pretty bass:D).

2. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Awesome. I've been trying to find someone guitarist/drummer in my area to jam with. Good luck with the band situation.

3. Bastard!! I want a drummer!! Can you get them on blue-cross special at K-mart?! ;o)

(Look at that, I even gear my humour towards an American audience now....)

4. You mean blue light special. Blue cross is an insurance company.

5. instead of trying to get into their band, y dont u find a decent guitarist, take the your drummer friend, and bam....theres your own band right there

6. LOL... good try, but keep workin' on the america stuff. :D

7. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    LOL. Blue cross special at K-mart is that a drummer with tendinitis in the elbow or something?

8. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Wow...an arrogant guitar player. Who would have guessed there was such a thing. Congrats on your step forward. Think about finding some other guys and starting your own band.
    Oh yeah...now that you have played with a drummer you'll need drummer jokes. Here's an old standard you can tell your drummer buddy.

Q- What do you call a guy that hangs out with musicians??
    A- A Drummer!!!!