Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Mar 25, 2004.

1. I'm SOOOO HAPPY!!! :) :) :)

I got into some other schools that I didn't want to get into, and was deffered from the University of Delaware in the fall early decision program.

I auditioned for the music program on upright bass, and now I'm accepted to the university as well as the music program!!!!!

I'm extatic; this is GREAT!!!! I'm soo happy! (just thought I'd share it with the world now :p) (just got off the phone calling people-my god I'm happy!)
  2. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Sweet man! But a strong suggestion,University Of Delaware has one of the highest STD transfer rates of any college in America. AIDS is also one of the highest,watch yourself. -Luke
  3. And I was thinking Delaware was some hot chick :D
  4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Congratulations! :)
  5. Congratulations,I have yet to feel victory.
  6. Well done man. I also got into Uni a few weeks back, Glamorgan down by Pontypridd/Cardiff way. So maybe I'll get the room that Bruce stayed in during that summer jazz thing! ;)
  7. So since you're going to Delaware, does that make you a Delaweenian??

8. Cardiff is supposed to have a pretty cool hardcore/punk rock scene...IIRC you're into that stuff so you'll probably enjoy it there.

As for me, I'm stuck going to a local community college before I can transfer to a real unversity :bawl: But hopefully I'll get into University of Texas eventually
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Congrats man!!

brad cook
  10. Thanks for the responses guys!!!

I just learned that I also got into James Madison University in Virginia. Now I have a dllemma. I HAVE NO CLUE WHICH ONE I WANT TO GO TO.

I'm just not sure; I've visited both and like both. I'm not sure which school I'd rather attend.

Where should I go? Any recommendations? Thanks!
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

[Wayne Campbell voice]

Imagine being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. "Hi, I'm in Delaware."

[/Wayne Campbell]
  12. When I first read this, for some reason my first thought was "Ok, why isn't he supposed to be in Delaware, and how did he manage to infiltrate our smallest state?" :)
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thinking the same thing. Beat me to it.
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I spent a half an hour looking for a picture to photoshop that quote into. Unfortunately I couldn't find many screenshots, let alone ones from that scene.
  15. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Delaware is not the smallest state, Rhode Island is. :p

Hey Davy, welcome to Dullaware :rolleyes:

It's actually not that dull. Well, almost. U of D is a great school. You should like it there. I live about 10 minutes from the school. Nice area.

Good luck!
  17. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    That's awesome, wish I could say the same.

I got my letter yesterday from FSU saying that they have no room for me (what a nice way of saying it, and I know there's plenty of room). So, since I really know nothing else, having spent my entire high school career in music with almost no other interests, I'll reaudition in 6 months or something.

I am into the school though, I just can't take the classes I wanted to

18. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Being a UVa student, I'm obligated to be a snob and say that all other Virginia schools, including JMU, suck.

Honestly, though, I've never been to JMU and don't know much about it other than it has a good music program.

A major consideration on your part should be cost. Being in-state, JMU will save you loads of money over Delaware, unless of course you're getting a scholarship.
  19. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Well done :)

I've just sent off my deposit to the Academy of Contemporary Music to start the Higher Diploma course in September :) Great, but I'm crapping it :D