1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yes, I love my cheap Ibanez sg300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheGreatSealof, Mar 14, 2013.

1. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    I purchased an Ibanez sg300 a two years a go as my first bass. I love the slim neck and it was a great learning bass. Since then, I have purchased others such as a rw pbass, jazz, etc. So now I have a good grounding regarding various bass electronics, pups, etc.

I felt that the stock pups on the sg300 were ok but I changed the pups to Bartolini MK4's. Big difference!!

Just wondering if any one out there has experience with the Bartolini MK4's and what are your thoughts?

2. I have a "cheaper" one: a GSR200FM. Still have it, still play it, still keeping it. It's not really that cheap after all, I think.

I'm thinking about modding it too, but to make it fretless (maybe changing the p-ups too, why not?). Could be a lot of fun since I never owned a fretless bass before, and I could paint lines where the frets are to help me play in tune.

3. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    pics please. Let me know how your mod turns out.