Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YES! I MADE IT!... They really love me ;)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Well.... as most know im a drummer.. who picked up bass, just because I love the low end rhythm side of things; and to further myself as being tighter with a bassist.
    Well I just got a call from my longtime brian who has a ..very intresting "doom ska" band..
    The instrumentation is very different..The Time Meters are changing alot. They are very tight and very strict about practicing too. ;) Well 2 weeks ago I practiced with them and they liked the way i played. They pretty much go from a basic silly ska song, into a full on reggea interlude; then back into the ska type verse and then straight to
    blast beats..
    Its fun, because its very chalenging drumwise. The basslines are very jazzy too. Well Oblivious is on a long hiatus of playing gigs. I dont like to speculate very much, but I think the band will desolve by the summer. Which will free me up so i can play "alive at 5" ( the current working title of the band )

...well I love this..

I talked to Brian(the guitarist). He called me and asked me to join the band. I was like "Heck ya!"
    word!
    Well.. we will be playing the new daisy this summer alot!... yes!

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Thats awsome... I wish I could play drums... but i cannot.

3. Amethska

Amethska

Jan 27, 2003
    NJ, USA
    Ska to reggae to ska to blasts... wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Man, I wish I could be playing something like that...

4. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    w00t! Congradulations Man!!!

5. My band started as a ska band of sorts...then mutated into a sorta acid loungecore band.

It's actually pretty interesting.

6. Sorry, no smart-ass remarks today, im too tired. But congrats. May you have happy jam sessions with your new band.

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Oh man.. common!.. its not the same!!
    Say something ;) It will be fun!!

"ohhh..How many of you wanna make out my sister!!?"
    *giant Cheer*
    "oh oh!! How many of you wanna make out with her because shes my sister!?!?!"
    *louder cheer*
    "okay.. me too"

muhahha..

Something along those lines.. would be really great!

EDIT: I had to change that.. I dont think they would like screw to much.. so hmm yeah

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cool... I tried out the drums the other day... I wasn't that bad. I wanna get a kit now. :cool: But bass comes first. :bassist:

9. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    sorry about Oblivious (I think) cool for new band:D :D

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    flat broke right now... I got part of a kit in my parents basement, I'm gonna get it when I move into my new apartment. I just need some high hats... and a ride probably.