Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YES!!!!!-Impov, by accident gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by cap, Jul 13, 2002.

1. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Ok...me and my band, minus my singer...Were at the Pink Cadalliac *local band venue* and there were some decent bands. Well...the lady runnin the show got wind that me and my band was there...she asked us to play...just kinda go up and dick around. So we decied to do sex and violence *it was majorly punk dominated*, an instrumental of our own song "Shed Your Pain", and bro hymn by pennywise. ok...so we start sex and violence. everybody gets into it...which rocked cause it had been a pretty dead crowd that night...we had one guy up on stage helpin me sing...the instrumental went over really well. then bro hymn...we had half the crowd going WHOAAAA OAAA OAAA OAAA WHOAAAAA OAAAA OAAA OAAA OAAA. So...by sheer accident we played really well. By the end of the night, we were asked to come play again, next month, we got on a state wide comp. cd, were signin cd's for people...we only had 5 on us which sucked, but...we got numbers, one of the bands gave us a free cd, and a few guys had us sign napkins...and chicks wanted numbers SCORE!!!!...sorry...this happened about 2 hours ago so i wanted to come here and tell it...ok....im done...YESSS

-cap

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
  3. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    PUNK RULES !!
    Date the chicks , play again !

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Wow! It doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations!

Bet your singer is bummed about staying home . . .

5. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    He blew a gasket when he found out:p