YEs NEw BAss

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by utopia_imminent, Aug 23, 2004.

1. utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    Hey guys, wanted to show you guys my new bass. It is a Rira. I know you guys haven't heard of it. But, my review of it is good. I compared it with a Yamaha BB604 and it won hands down, in terms of tone. Action is super duper low.

It is a 4 string(duh). Body is a Walnut top and back sandwich with mahogany in the middle. Neck is a 5 piece laminated made from mahogany with walnut strips. Heavy? Well, not so. The 2-band preamp sounds good. Set flat, it gives nice low and highs. Enough to slap. Enough for walking basslines. But, who said enough is good enough. Tweak a little bit and you get the perfect tone for whatever style you are playing. Pickups are two jazz pups together ala Roscoe Back Fender. Bridge gives a very good sustain. Very unique. Go take a look. It is similar to the Innovator Bass Bridge from

I bought it for only $800. Wish i could upload the pics. Never mind, i would them tomorrow.
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Here's a pic off their site.

3. lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT
    Wow, that's a looker... congratulations :bassist:
  4. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Does that have the Ibanez style "FAT" knob on it?
  5. utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    yes, mine looks exactly like that except for the wood. and mine has a gloss finish all the way and gold hardware.