1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

YEs NEw BAss

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by utopia_imminent, Aug 23, 2004.

1. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    Hey guys, wanted to show you guys my new bass. It is a Rira. I know you guys haven't heard of it. But, my review of it is good. I compared it with a Yamaha BB604 and it won hands down, in terms of tone. Action is super duper low.

It is a 4 string(duh). Body is a Walnut top and back sandwich with mahogany in the middle. Neck is a 5 piece laminated made from mahogany with walnut strips. Heavy? Well, not so. The 2-band preamp sounds good. Set flat, it gives nice low and highs. Enough to slap. Enough for walking basslines. But, who said enough is good enough. Tweak a little bit and you get the perfect tone for whatever style you are playing. Pickups are two jazz pups together ala Roscoe Back Fender. Bridge gives a very good sustain. Very unique. Go take a look. It is similar to the Innovator Bass Bridge from custombassparts.com.

I bought it for only $800. Wish i could upload the pics. Never mind, i would them tomorrow.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Here's a pic off their site.

[​IMG]

3. lenorules1950

lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT
    Wow, that's a looker... congratulations :bassist:

4. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Does that have the Ibanez style "FAT" knob on it?

5. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    yes, mine looks exactly like that except for the wood. and mine has a gloss finish all the way and gold hardware.