Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yes on TV

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Yes will be the featured musical guest on the CBS program "The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn" on Tuesday, January 27.

Apparently this will coincide with the release of their new cd set and DVD, Yesspeak, a 2 DVD documentary of the band.

Just a heads-up in case anyone is interested.

2. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Yes and Kilborn? There's 2 words I never thought to see in the same sentence.
    Should be interesting.

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Cool!! I'll have to check that out!

(Both the TV appearance and the DVD)

4. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    Thanks for the heads up Farley!

5. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    What time is it on, besides late? :)

6. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    In Atlanta:
    12:37 am (EST) 1/28 (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning)on CBS.

7. Its actually on at the same time all across the U.S.

Man, im a huge Yes freak. Thanks for the heads up man :)

Have any of you seen Yes symphonic live. That was incredible !

8. Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Just a reminder.... Get ready to set those VCRs, for all of us who have to get up early the next morning.

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    well, I'm sad to announce that Yes are now officially Old Farts.

:confused:

what the heck was that?

10. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Agreed.

I'm not a huge Yes fan. I don't know too many songs.. Actually because its the only song I have, I was hoping that they would play Roundabout, and they did.. but the arrangement sucked. A swingy, acoustic version?..***?

Is it just me or did Chris look like a woman? That WAS Chris wasn't it? I've only seen a few pics..the last one being whatever was in the Carvin Catalog, and he didn't look like that.

I can't believe I suffered through Craig Kilborn for that..

11. Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
  12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    it's been worse than that. i was lucky enough to listen to 2 beavis and butthead types one time that had a cable show who urged me to pop a tape in the vcr. they said "we're gonna play a clip for you now that is the greatest thing you'll ever see on tv, trust us - get a tape in the vcr, we'll wait." they waited, i got a tape in the vcr, and they played a clip of yes on the regis philbin show. what made it truly special was the fact that the only ones who showed up were chris squire, steve howe, and whoever was playing drums at the time. they did a version of roundabout, with steve singing that was absolutely horrible. it was embarrasing. i swear they sounded like 3 inexperienced teenagers trying to pull off a yes song, but worse. i wouldn't have thunk it possible because of their great musicianship, but it was bad. i'd love to find that tape.

i urge your true fans to research this and find a vid of that event. it's soooo worth it.

ps. i am a HUGE yes fan. so much so that Tales is still one of my all time favorite albums. wish i would have caught the old geezers last nite.

13. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    OK, now that I've slept on it...
    It still was horrible!
    I taped it, but I doubt you'd want to go thru that much trouble JOe...

I'll still see them this year when the tour starts. I have to believe they won't repeat this debacle on tour; PLEASE don't do that again! But I'll regret it if I don't see them before one of these members isn't around anymore.

That was Chris alright. He's not exactly known for the most 'stylish' stage attire. I think he reigned it in a good bit last night, but with no beard and that Meryl Streep hairdo, well...

I won't let this tarnish my respect for Tales either Joe. Man, what an album. 4 sides, 4 songs, 4 masterpieces!

Just don't Layla-ize any more of them guys!!
    Please!!! I'm beggin ya!

14. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    YIKES!!!

From the looks of things I'm kinda glad I missed it!!

I was considering going to Atlanta and see them in concert, but I'm not so sure now!!

:eek:

15. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Well I kind of have a feeling that they wouldn't do anything like that in concert.

16. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    You have to question their judgement, though.. Do something described at a show and maybe only a few thousand see it.. How many are going to see it on national television??

17. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    True, true

18. Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Being a diehard Yes fan I will still see them when they come in concert. This was just.... weird. :confused: :confused:

19. Im a huge YES fan , but I was so embarrased for the boys last night. BUT...live they still kick ass, just watcyh the Live In Amterdam DVD. but man, a jazz swing version of Roundabout is a joke. thank God they didnt do a dance version of Ritual!! :eek:

Looked like Squire was playing a Martin acoustic bass?