Yes.....One more time..plzz help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Irie01, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    i know that there are tons of threads on this issue, but i have to bring it up one more time.I am about to buy a new bass and I am stuck between the Musicman sterling and stingray.I have been using a sterling and I find that I really only ever leave the coil in parallel(1 position),. I play mostly reggae and I need that low tone and I like a bite.Would it best for what I play to get the sterling or the stingray? I have no intentions of doing any slap or pop with it any time in the near future. Please give me your opinion based on what I want to play with the bass.This has been a very difficult decision for me and I would greatly appreciate everyone's opinions and suggestions.please help me with this decision.
  2. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Based on the music you play, my suggestion with be a Fender Precision with flats, not a MusicMan.
  3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    defenitly... the musicman basses are made for slap and pop. i would also suggest you get an american standard P bass and put flatwounds on it.
  4. If you just know the Sterling, than you might want to try other basses too. If you already did and dig the sound and palyability of the Sterling just stick with it. The switch will give you just some more options and you don't know what you are palying in 10 years.