1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

YES - "Songs From Tsongas" 35th Anniversary Concert DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by zombywoof5050, Apr 14, 2006.

1. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    WOW!
    I do HIGHLY recommend this DVD!

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Most ridiculous name for a concert DVD ever.

3. I was seriously disappointed with this DVD! Numerous mistakes, Alan White's lamentably poor drum solo, poor song choices, Wakeman's absurd circus keyboard on Rhythm of Love and paddling pool scenery, Squire messing up Starship Trooper and compensating with a 'dramatic' pose, Howe's dull solo in place of Clap or Mood for a Day, Mind Drive, The cheesy on-screen titles...

But I do really love Yes.:)
    This just ain't up to scratch.

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    To each his own, I guess.

Despite all your dislikes about the performance, I believe any 'diehard' YES fan will really enjoy it. I quite liked seeing them perform some different songs for a change, and the unplugged section was great too.

I missed Squire's mistake on "ST", it was getting late and I had to turn it off before the song finished. I'll have to check that out. I'm pretty forgiving about mistakes though, everybody makes them on occasion.

5. Believe me mate, I am a 'diehard' Yes fan. Having seen and heard close to perfection from these guys on many an occasion, I can't help feeling that this release was a mistake. I have the Madison Square Garden concert, same set, but much better performance.
    Really though, look out for Squire's bungled bass run, just before the 'Speak to me of summer' bit. Guaranteed to raise a chuckle.:D

6. schmittuml

schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    im from lowell i can see the tsongas from my apartment..YESSSS