Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YES!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    YES, well guys today i finally got permission to get my new bass, and ive deceided that im gonna get the YAMAHA RBX374. Tell me whta ou guys think about my decission.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    uhh.. good?

The Yammy RBX's are great basses, especially for the price. But it doesn't matter what we think about it, it's what you think about it.

3. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway

listen up, private! if you like it, its correct!

Bass lead the way, all the way! HOOA!

4. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    well i like it in black...but cant find sound sample. Does anyone konw a site wiht one?(though i wont need it because i hear these are great)

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Sound samples are useless. It's the player. If I play it, it will sound different than when you play it. Honestly, all my basses sound the same because I play the same way with them.

6. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    oHH tru alright well its worth 400 canadian right? lol

o and im gonna get strap locks too, i read the strap ock forum, and people recomended dunlops, have any idea how much they will cost?

7. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Anyone?

8. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    You can find them from $10-$20, American that is...

9. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    alright

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    T_T, have you played this bass or buying completely blind?

Do yourself a favor and play some basses before you make your decision.

11. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    I bought my Fender Bassman 150 pretty blind... eh...

12. Ken, listen to this wise advice!! We went through 5 basses with you yesterday - all interesting choices. The BC Rich is a POS and the Yamaha isn't, but remember that you may not get a chance to spend money like your 400 bucks again.

If it were me, I would save a little more and get a Geddy Lee Jazz, but I certainly wouldn't pull the trigger on that kind of investment without playing one.

Good luck.

13. +1

play something similar at least; so you know what you are getting into. don't buy it purely for the looks.

14. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    but the geddy lee doesnt have a 34" inch scale/24 frets does it?
    nop, at least the fender pone doesnt...ive heard gret reviews from the yamaha one thouhg...