Yesterday I joined the Ampeg club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigpappabuddah, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Yep, I was out takeing my dad's stero speakers to the speaker repair shop, and i stoped by the local music go round in charlotte. I walked in and this old ampeg SVT-200t cought my eye. I played it thought this old Sunn cabnet and brought it home. It sounds awesome, the tone is warm and just makes me feel good, and it only cost me a little over $200. Its sort of replaceing my GK 200RB for the moment until i decide what to do with it. I'm trying to find some info out about this head if any has any, and what are the biamping capiabilites of it?
  2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    If you want a manual PDF, I can send you one.

3. Yeah, that would be great
    the email's bigpappasmurf(at)gmail(dot)com
  4. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Ampeg Insider,
    Would you be kind enough to send me a copy also?
    Whenever people ask about warm sounding solidstate amps I always suggest the SVT200T. $200 is a good buy.
  5. I'm looking to date this thing if possable. and does anyone know the years they produced this head?
  6. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I'm sure Ampeg Insider could be more precise but I think they were produced late 80's early 90's. I got mine new in '91 I think.
  7. nicolas

Jul 6, 2006
    $200??? i bought mine for 500 EUR in london 2 years ago. :crying:
    well i guess it's still an ok price for european standards. anyway i think it sounds pretty good as long as you turn the volume up.
  8. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NYC via StL
    I found one at a pawn shop for 2 bills, too. Great backup to my "real" SVT. Mine has the blue on the front, which I think is the older version. Nice for solid state. Good buy!

9. RoMeRz

Feb 13, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ive actually found european prices to be a hell of alot cheaper than the states - well in Scotland anyway.

Take a bass for $2300 can pick the same thing here for like £850-£900 and thats alot more than just because of the exchange rate - hit a good exchange rate day and your laughing even more.
  10. nicolas

Jul 6, 2006
    on european brands perhaps yes, was it a warwick? overall i'd say the US is still cheaper than europe for musical instruments.