1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yet another bass 1997 Warwick Fortress R&B (questions too, please help)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atrapp, Jun 24, 2007.

1. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    I bought this bass a few days back, it is supposed to be a 1997 (where the SN is, is beyond me). The previous owner had it routed at the bridge for the EMG 40.

I really enjoy playing it (not to thrilled with the EMG's) balances nice, very thoaty growl - it may be the 4 banger to use until I find the right Benavente VV 4 to go with my VV5.

If some could give me a "Warwick History" lesson (and any insights to the bass ie Fortress line) I'd sure appreciate it...

Obligatory foto's

IMG_2520.gif IMG_2521.gif
    IMG_2537.gif IMG_2523.gif

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would try and find some direct replacements for the Emgs since the wouldnt be my choice either, I wonder if nordstrands would fit.

3. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Exactly my thoughts, and yes Carey makes a EMG 40 shape!!!

Oh and I found the SN it is indeed a '97!

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    With nordies that bass would be a great player for sure :)

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I dig that, but is the route a little off for the bridge pickup? If so, maybe it could be enlarged a bit for a cleaner fit of a MM-style pickup. Or, if it doesn't bug you, just play and enjoy! Either way, it's a good looking bass you've got there!

6. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Nah, I just took it out and didn't put it back in square to the rout.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021