1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yet another budget friendly IEM system.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by BassikLee, Oct 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    OK, first my back story, then we'll catch up to today.

Back before my dear uncle sold off a chunk of the airwaves, I bought a sennheiser ew300 iem rig. Worked well. Then uncle went and sold the 700MHz band, and ruined the party. While it is possible that I still own that system, I have been in search of better, legal to use options.

Can't afford it justify a higher end system. Tried the older NADY PEM500 rig, and it is usable, tho noisy. Enter Carvin, kinda. The Carvin em900 system gets decent/good reviews. One reviewer said he'd prefer that over even the senn G2, shure 200/400 level, and that it compares well to the 600 level system.

That Carvin system is an OEM, made in China piece. My old gtr player had one, branded JTS. Well, the short version is that Thomann sells them as well, branded as the t.bone brand, which is their house brand. Cheaper than the Carvin, frequency band that uncle has not yet sold off, and a three year warranty. Carvin's is 90 days. Ordered mine today. If my first dealing with Thomann is any indication, I should have the system by about the end of next week.

https://m.thomann.de/intl/the_tbone...:US.EUR:USD&o=3&ref=mrl_a_3&search=1476909745

2. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    I used the EM900 for close to 2 yrs.. Worked well. .tho' the buds were tested once, put back in the shipping carton and never used.
    I also used the PSM200 for close to 6 months.. now superseded by the PSM300.
    The Shure SE215 buds were a little better than Carvins, but the EM900 is stereo (PSM200 is NOT) and has FAR more frequency choices than the PSM200 and well the worth the LOWER price - as an entry level system.

LowNloud1 and BassikLee like this.
  3. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    I have better buds. I'm looking forward to getting this system

4. How long ago did you pick up your ew300? Hmm... I'm going to have to check which band mine is in.

5. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    When they were new, first gen one. Likely 2000ish or so. The good news is that it still works great. Just too much interference, since that band is used for other things

6. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    I have/had the same problem with on old guitar wireless unit from AT. When the 700Mhz band went to first-responders, it worked fine but using it would violate the law.. so.. the 10% discount that AT offered on a new unit wasn't stellar.. so I saved up and went with the Line6 G90 - that I just upgraded (7 yrs later?) with a new Senn D1 (digital) system.