Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yet another "dizzywood" bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Apr 10, 2005.

1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
  2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I can't guess what it sounds like, but it looks like a POS!

Dan K.

3. Thats not that bad. I wouldnt order it, but its deffinetly nothing near as ugly as some of the boutiques that people have on this forum haha.

4. I like it. It is unique. And unique is good.

5. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    It's trippy. I like it! However, whoever plays it had better be a sick tight bassist, because all eyes will be drawn to this instrument. We as humans are naturally drawn to contrasts. That's why infants love sheets with black and white polygons.

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    you could have just said shapes, haha. It is indeed unique, but hurts my head to look at it.

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Like all fancy wood bases I respect the craftsmanship, it's just not me. You would think that for a custom shop product like tthat , they would at least bookmatch the control cover, pretty cheesy!! IMO

8. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    But Warwicks use an easy-door control cavity cover with tabs, and I'm not sure how well one of those can be made with wood. Plus, how many people even see the control cavity anyway?

9. I almost like it, but i'm not a fan of that warwick body shape

10. you mean the spector body shape? :D :bag:

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think its sweet.

grooveofbass, dont open up a can of worms here :smug:

12. No, Ned's body shape! :D ;)

13. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I agree.. I'd hit it.... If it had more string, that is..

;)

14. I think he would send all the people that are taking LSD at a show insane.

15. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    IMO it's cool, but it's kinda like a pretty nice piece of crap. It looks a lil' cheap, the regular Warwicks are nicer IMO

16. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  17. I'm not so sure about it being the only one in the world. He claims that it's new, but I saw the exact same thing in a Warwick catalogue that's at least 6 years old. You think he actually bought the one in the catalogue?

18. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I was thinking the same thing. I have a catalogue that's about 4 years old and has that same style in it.

19. I picked up a UK catalogue in January this year, and it is in there as a custom bass, so he could have the original, or a copy of it.

20. There's been other custom shops in that style, they call it a "bois melange" top.

Still, these are pretty rare birds and were never in regular production the way I understand it. I think they're pretty cool actually, certainly something for the guy that complains he doesn't get enough attention from the chicks at shows.

http://www.station-music.de/images/bass/instrumente/warw_jm4boism6257.jpg