Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yet another GK Question: 410SB Vs. 410SBX Plus

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman1185, Jan 19, 2006.

1. What is the difference between these two cabinets? I read on their site that they both have the same speakers, yet the SBX Plus has twice the power rating. I've heard that was a mistake, though. Also, I've read a lot of problems with the SBX cabs mowing through speakers, so would the SBX Plus hold up better?

2. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I've read a lot of problems with the SBX cabs mowing through speakers, so would the SBX Plus hold up better?[/Quote]........................................................................................................................................
    Hey I think i was the one who answerd your question on thier site..I may self have been wondering the same question as you about there speakers an trying to compare them to the 410 rbh................I really hope the people on this site will be able to help........Good luck

3. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Actually, the GK site pretty clearly stated that they DON'T have the same speakers. The SBX is a stamped basket, and the SBX-plus has cast frame drivers. Yes, they goofed and listed the stamped as a 200w driver, but if you look at the 810SBX lit, the same part number lists the driver as 100w, as does the SBX owners manual.

As far as the failures go, personally I feel that most speaker failures are end user abuse . . . either don't drive it so damn hard, or get another cabinet. If I recall from the other site, you have a 1001RB, which puts out 460 at 8 ohms. It would not take too much clipping of that amp to take out a single 410SBX cab . . . . and that's NOT the cabinets fault!

- Tim

4. Ok, thanks. So far I don't have a head or cab, but I'm looking to get a rig soon, since I just joined a band and we're actually playing shows. I'll probably end up with the 1001RBI-II, though, and either a 410SBX-Plus or a NEO412.

5. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    OK, wrong guy, same question - sorry. There was a guy who kept blowing up 410SBX cabs on the GK board who was asking the same thing, and I thought you were the same guy. Darn shame he didn't have enough cab or brain to handle the power from his amp . . . .

- Tim