1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yet another - Help a NOOB pick out his first cabinet thread.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LowDown Hal, Mar 10, 2008.

1. The title pretty much sums it up.
    I need Help!!!

After playing through a Fender Rumble 15 for awhile now I'm ready to spend some cash.

I'm leaning towards a GK1001RBII for my first head. It seems like a great value and I like the sound on the one I've played.

So far..
    I tried it through a GK Neo212. Which I liked.
    I tried it through a GK210 stacked on a GK115, I think they were both RBX. I liked that sound as well.
    I tried it through a GK210 alone, not as impressed.
    I tried it through a GK115 alone, again not as impressed.
    I've also spent some time with an SVT Pro-4 through an Ampeg 8x10. It was nice but way overkill for me.
    Ditto for some other Ampeg stuff.
    I've also spent some time with some Mesa Boogie. Also seems like overkill. But sweet.

I play a Fender Jazz '75 re-issue. I'm mostly a classic rock, blues kind of guy, with a touch of Motown,R&B for good measure.

I don't currently play out anywhere but am looking for reasonably lightweight and cool looking.

So, what do you think.

I'm tempted to call Don at LDS and through myself in his hands...

2. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    GK 700 RB-II or 1001 RB-II plus Avatar 212 or GK 212. Your shopping is done!

3. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
  4. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Do a search here for Avatar - they're all well-liked. I don't have any experience with that cabinet myself. I have an Avatar Delta 112 (non-Neo) and a GK 700 RB-II. Sonic bliss...