1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yet Another "I'm Agonizing Over Strings" Thread--Golden Spirals

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by boombloom, May 7, 2015.

1. OK. I used Golden Spiral G and D with Spirocore E and A on my 1950's Czech laminate for years. Mostly bluegrass and blues. I almost never use a bow, and when I do I use a different bass. The Golden Spirals are now impossible to find. I've been OK with Golden Tones for a few seasons, but I'm wondering about Innovation strings--particularly the Silver or Golden Slaps (they seem to be the same except for appearance) or the Psychoslaps. It appears that the latter are thicker, which might be nice. Has anyone had a chance to do a comparison? I'd be interested in hearing about your experience. Thanks. Boom

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. lcdck

lcdck

Dec 8, 2011
    New York, NY
    I played Golden Spirals for a while and was never found a real replacement. I went to regular gut on the DG and never looked back. They bow better, have better tension, and sound better, to me anyway. They just don't last as long.